BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Communications Advisor
Location: Glasgow. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £40,000 + depending on experience
Please note – this role is an 18-month Fixed Term Contract
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the Communications Manager in the development and delivery of effective and integrated communications plans
- Building effective and robust communications networks through customer relationship management, supporting delivery and improve effectiveness of communications
- Developing plans for specific activity to meet specified communications objectives
- Writing and sub-editing communications for bulletins, newsletters, intranet, internet, and local media
- Presenting complex messages in a simple way across a range of mediums/external communication channels
Your skills and experiences:
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills
- Building strong network and influencing stakeholders
- Experience of providing support to a transformation programme is desirable
- Experience of working with both online and offline employees is desirable
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Communications team:
You will join our fiercely proud workforce, helping to showcase to the amazing things we do and the amazing people we work for, helping to show that we are investing in our people - and creating a new future for our business.
This will be an opportunity to help drive transformation and showcase your ambition, whilst gaining experience along the way.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.