Business Development - Capture Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Business Development – Capture Manager
Location: Portsmouth / Remote: We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the development and implementation of the Capture/Campaign Plan
- Developing the Business Case for continuing to pursue and bid the opportunity including Capture budget
- Identifying requirements for Capture team members
- Major contributor to communications plan and (typically leader of) the customer/stakeholder identification and contact plan elements of the Capture Plan
- Leading the customer and local market intelligence, gathering and acting as the main conduit for intelligence on customer’s requirement ensuring the capture and bid/proposal team are kept up to date
Your skills and experiences:
- Significant Business Winning experience and a substantial understanding of business winning behaviours, processes, procedures and industry best practice
- Considerable experience in identifying, creating and developing new opportunities and maturing them to a pursue/stop decision
- Experience of engaging senior stakeholders, particularly customers, and the ability to build mutually beneficial relationships
- Practical experience with government defence acquisition agencies, both UK and international would be beneficial
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Business Development Team:
The role will be part of the Business Development function reporting to the Head of Business Development for Combat Systems. The position will be based in the South East of England (Portsmouth), with some localised travel across Naval Ships’ and customer sites in the South of England will be required.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.