Senior Procurement Professional
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Procurement Professional
Location: Broad Oak. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understanding and a broad professional knowledge of procurement principles and practices
- Applying procurement procedures within projects or business operations to find products and services where the value, risk, or contract calls for more stringent criteria than would normally be required
- Applying and using processes and detailed / technical experience (of processes and technologies
- Working with other functional representatives and/or customers and suppliers to meet operational needs of line management and the business
Your skills and experiences:
- Proven experience working in a Procurement/Supply Bid and Estimating Coordinator chain
- Previous experience in the defence industry is desired but not essential
- Strong entrepreneurial mind set and commercial acumen
- Ability to provide gravitas and leadership with cross functional Stakeholders
- Experience in managing and executing complex technical sub-contracts
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Maritime Services team:
Within this role you will be Working within an exciting, growing portfolio business within Maritime Services and the Under Water Weapons team. This is a highly visible role within the organisation with various opportunities to progress within the wider business.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.