BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Architect
Location: Preston/Broadoak, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £55,000 depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Report to the Real Estate Solutions (RES) Programmes Principal Architect and operate under their direction
- Interpret customer technical requirements and develop them into concept / developed design documents including detailed drawings
- Carry out site surveys, condition surveys of existing buildings and write up survey reports.
- Carry out technical review of contractor’s design drawings and documents for accuracy and compliance with requirements and specification
- Work with the Project Management function on various projects to provide architectural input and support to projects as required
- Manage own workload under minimal supervision to meet project deadlines
- Attend engineering and project meetings, input architectural support and manage actions arising
- Contribute to the Engineering Lifecycle (ELC) process, Risk Management, Safety,
- Health & the Environment (SHE), Product Safety and wider project issues as directed
Your skills and experiences:
- Previous experience within the construction industry
- Experience in the design and specification of buildings, structures, finishes and the ability to produce technical construction details.
- RIBA Part III Qualified with ARB Registration
- Fully proficient in the use of Revit and AutoCAD is essential for this role
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Architect team:
Architect’s working within BAE Systems Shared Services - Specialist & Infrastructure Support are part of a high performing team delivering construction projects, ensuring correct Design and Engineering governance is applied throughout a projects lifecycle.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.