Senior Mechanical Engineer - Auxiliary Systems
BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Engineer Marine Systems-Auxiliaries
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £46420 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Team liaison for design change tasks. This includes the technical impact assessment of new changes and project management of change embodiment.
- Developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need.
- System level design tasks for owned Auxiliary systems, including the production of design artefacts (schematics, FluidFlow models & documentation)
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure the availability of key deliverables, in support of the Auxiliary systems’ team objectives.
- Coordinate and oversee of the export of design data to Australia on behalf of the Auxiliary systems team
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or other related discipline
- Defence maritime engineering background particularly with a knowledge of export control regulations
- Systems engineering experience, specifically configuration management
- Experience with Auxiliary systems or related equipment on a large complex design project
- Experience working with a large stakeholder network including customers, suppliers and other internal stakeholders
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Hunter Class Frigate Auxiliary team:
The team will be involved in a breath of engineering tasks supporting the maturation of system level design, and export of that design to Australia. This role offers the opportunity to work on a complex & cutting edge engineering design project, interfacing with an array of stakeholders offering exposure to niche areas of engineering. There is also potential to undertake local and international travel.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.