Senior Cost and Pricing Officer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Cost and Pricing Officer
Location: Barrow-In-Furness. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £42,690+ Depending on Experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsibility for managing and undertaking the completion of estimates and other detailed cost information
- Leading and supporting tendering and pricing activity across programme and bid activities for customers including UK, US and International
- Developing parametric models to advise the business on costs for new business and “should cost” data to enable business decisions
- Managing and developing customer relationships both internal and external, and supporting negotiations with all customers
- Producing pricing forecasts, cash flow profiles and analysis
Your skills and experiences:
- Educated to Degree or HND/HNC equivalent level in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent demonstratable experience
- Demonstrable expertise in and application of parametric estimating
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft packages particularly Excel
- Comprehensive Understanding of UK MOD Single Source Regulations Office (SSRO) requirements to ensure compliance for proposal submission is desirable
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Commercial team:
Working under the Commercial banner the team’s role is to manage and undertake the completion of estimates and other detailed cost information. The team support tendering and pricing activity across programmes and bid activities for a range of customers. This role provides the opportunity to build internal relationships across the business and external relationship with UK, US, and International customers.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.