Principal Maintenance Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Principal Maintenance Engineer
Location Portsmouth or Scotstoun or Bristol
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: Up to £53,000 DOE
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing a team of Integrated Product Support (IPS) Engineers to deliver Type 26 Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) analysis
- Managing external contractors for the delivery of training and analysis work packages
- Scheduling of work to meet target schedules and cost demands
- Technical reviewing of analysis output
- Producing Project reports and briefing on status
Your skills and experiences:
- Demonstrable experience within a Maintenance/Maintainer role within a Maritime or Air environment such as ship support, Royal Navy or oil and gas
- Line management experience of a small to medium sized team
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of IPS processes, tools and techniques
- HNC, HND, or Degree or equivalent experience in the relevant areas
- Knowledge and experience of the Unit Maintenance Management System (UMMS) or similar maintenance management system.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Maintenance Engineering team:
Within the Maintenance Engineering team, you will be working with designers, engineers and maintainers to influence the supportability and sustainment of T26, whilst using IPS processes, tools and techniques to develop the maintenance requirements to support the ships through life. You will be supporting the delivery of the RCM programme, as well as facilitating supplier and SME engagement to produce maintenance schedules.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.