Service Transition Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Service Transition Manager
Location: Preston, Farnbrough or Portsmouth. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements for this role – please speak to our recruiter for further information
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum dependent on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Organising and running Operational Readiness Reviews against a portfolio of projects covering a wide array of differing IT services.
- Delivering Service Transition for multiple IT related projects in compliance with the organisation’s delivery frameworks and as a co-ordinated, seamless transition.
- Being accountable for the transition activities on behalf of projects, ensuring effective co-ordination and communication between project managers, the programme leads and customers
- Creation and maintenance of Service Transition Plans including provision of status updates to relevant Project Managers and Head of Service Change.
Your skills and experiences:
- Knowledge of Service Transition Management and Service Management
- ITIL qualifications desirable. Training and sponsorships provided for strong candidates without
- Experience of thirty party management and working directly with customers
- Ability to engage with service owners, project managers and other relevant stakeholders to foster good collaboration and building trusted relationships
- Robust meeting chair and workshop skills
- Ability demonstrate highly effective organisation and clear communication
- Ability to produce high quality documentation using standard Microsoft Office
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Service Operations Team
You will be joining a professional and dynamic team, which is going through a period of sustained growth with an Enterprise international agenda. The team operate within an existing framework using standard repeatable processes/templates. Autonomy and flexibility is encouraged to foster creativity and innovation.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.