BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Scotstoun - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: Up to 40,945.00 depending on qualifications and experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
- Carrying out relatively complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, preparation of reports with suggesting recommendations
- Participate in developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need
- Acting as a point of contact with customers and/or suppliers on engineering matters, to resolve relatively complex problems and issues and to maintain awareness of priorities and objectives
Your skills and experiences:
- Strong communicator with ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to take ownership of scope and responsibilities and drive through to conclusion
- Flexible in response to change with good time and scheduling management
- Experience in HVAC / engineering or a defence related industry
- Experience in a mechanical engineering environment
- Able to perform analysis using recognised analytical tools and to make sound judgements
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Mechanical Engineering team:
Would you like a chance to work For BAE within our Mechanical engineering team? We currently have vacancies for Mechanical engineers within our HVAC team at our site in Scotstoun. This role will provide you with the opportunity to develop your knowledge and experience within a design and build environment and also provide with you with the opportunity for growth within the wider business.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.