Senior Project Professional
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Project Professional
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, currently with a hybrid working model.
What you’ll be doing:
- Reporting to the S&F Major Projects Senior Project Manager
- Gathering stakeholder requirements & Concept Schemes (RIBA2) and maturing it into developed design schemes (RIBA3) using established supply chain partners
- Managing the tender process with the procurement department
- Managing the implementation (delivery phase) of construction projects.
- Contributing to the production of project reports, stakeholder briefings and risk & opportunity registers
- Managing the review of contractor’s design deliverables under an established process
- Managing company mandated Lifecycle Management (LCM) process, Risk Management, Safety, Health & the Environment (SHE), Product Safety and wider project issues
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience in construction project management with the ability to read and understand construction documentations such as drawings, specifications, pre-construction information. Understanding & awareness of the CDM Regulations 2015.
- Experience of AutoCAD or Revit drawn information and awareness of BIM.
- Certificate or Diploma in a relevant construction related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years practical experience within a PM Consultancy or Principal Contractor organisation in the construction sector
- Relevant Construction Health & Safety (eg NEBOSH IOSH)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
You will be working with Site and Facilities, as part of the Project Management team, interpreting stakeholder requirements and concepts, assisting in maturing the requirements into developed design schemes, managing the implementation (delivery) of the projects.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.