Integrated Product Support Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Integrated Product Support Engineer
Location: Portsmouth, Bristol or Glasgow
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £42,530 dependant on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist in the management and delivery of the Configuration Account for Support Information.
- Undertake configuration control activities of Support Data using PLM and Support toolsets, ensuring that contracted deliverables are complete and correctly structured.
- Analyse the impact of configuration material from original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and suppliers on the support engineering data sets.
- Take responsibility for quality of work and undertake data quality checks as directed by the Principal Configuration Engineer.
- Entering support data accurately within project applications and conducting data audits to ensure integrity and alignment.
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree or HND/HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical/Electrical/Marine Engineering).
- Able to communicate technical information effectively, both verbally and in writing, to project stakeholders including management, peers, suppliers, design leads
- Ability to read and understand drawings and technical documentation
- Some experience of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) environments.
- Data/Configuration Management Experience
- Some experience of Integrated Logistics Support (ILS)/Integrated Product Support (IPS)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Type 26 Support Configuration team:
Responsible for managing the configuration information for T26 ship in a support environment. Design and build information is developed for use within the support environment. This role allows access to wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, giving good opportunity for career progression.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisatiion.