Assistant Commercial Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Assistant Commercial Manager
Location: Edinburgh. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role
Salary: Up to £50,000 depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Take a leading role on the commercial aspects of proposals, negotiate with customers and manage complex contracts in electronic manufacturing
- Effective customer management and development of complex stakeholder relationships in a fast-paced environment
- Identifying and mitigating risk and assessing opportunities
- Supporting the business to manage change and deliver upon its financial commitments
- Supporting the Maritime Services Manufacturing Business Winning activities across a variety campaign sectors
Your skills and experiences:
- Motivated by creating value for our diverse range of international customers
- Someone who drives change
- Energised by winning business, negotiating and working in a highly collaborative team
- Experience managing a variety of contract types
- Ideally previous experience working in a commercial function
- Ability to operate in a strategic and tactical capacity
- In depth professional knowledge of Commercial principles, techniques and practices
- IT literate: Microsoft office and SAP
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Manufacturing Business team:
The Manufacturing business sector comprises 7 commercial professionals in a fast-paced environment where rapid response times and a delivery mind-set enable BAE Systems to deliver hardware across a few sectors.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
#LI-FC1 #LI-Hybrid #LI-Remote