Production Technician (SMT)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Production Technician (SMT)
Salary: Circa £30,000, depending on skills and experience. (Night shift patterns available with significant uplifts)
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the daily set-up and running of an SMT (Surface Mount Technology) line, in accordance with our standard operating procedures, carrying out preventative maintenance tasks
- Inspecting PCBs produced to ensure they meet the required workmanship standards
- Record all defects on MES system and work with engineering team to continuously improve our processes and products
- Opportunity to work on boards such as advanced pilot control systems and displays
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of automated assembly equipment and inspection systems is preferable
- Experience of working to a high workmanship standard (such as IPC or MIL standard)
- Experience of manufacturing execution systems
- Experience within the defence, aerospace, or electronics industry
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Production team:
You will be part of an integrated manufacturing team responsible for printing, populating, reflowing, and verifying our Surface Mount Technology (SMT) PCBs as they run through our lines. We have three SMT lines at Rochester, all using modern equipment from DEK, Mycronic and ERSA. We also use Automatic Optical Inspection machines from Gopel to ensure that quality is kept to the highest possible standard
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.