Head of Engineering and Technology – Autonomy %26 Boats
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Head of Engineering and Technology – Autonomy & Boats
Location: Portsmouth. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £72,500 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Driving the Autonomy and Boats Sector’s innovation and technical direction
- Leading internal investment, research, and product development and ensuring it fully supports future bids and opportunities
- You will be the Technical Authority for the business, responsible for delivering high quality Engineering output to meet contractual programme delivery
- Responsible for the implementation and effectiveness of Engineering governance
- Lead interactions with the wider Engineering community to ensure consistency of approach and efficient working practices
- Developing and leading a high performing Engineering team ensuring they are suitably skilled to deliver the forecast workload
Your skills and experiences:
- Strong leadership characteristics to lead the Engineering team with a focus on product development and delivery of the contractual and commercial demands on projects
- Engineering experience of leading products through the full life cycle of bid,
design, manufacturing, and support
- Experience of implementing Engineering principles, concepts, systems, theories and practices
- To be experienced in either boats, autonomy, software or integration,
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Engineering or Software
- Qualified and experienced Naval Architect
- Deep Technical Knowledge of Autonomy, Software Development or Integration
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Autonomy & Boats team:
The Autonomy & Boats team design, build and deliver new boats to a variety of demanding high end users including Military, Police and Coastguards. With a UK and export customer base, they are currently developing next generation autonomous systems to enhance end user capability and experience. You will be leading the Engineering team driving these advanced concepts, designs, products and capabilities.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation