Senior Commercial Officer - Central Function
BAE Systems UK
Location: South Gloucestershire
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Senior Commercial Officer
Location: Filton. Other Naval Ship locations can be considered (Portsmouth or Scotstoun) with travel to Filton as required. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Circa £40,555 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating, planning, co-ordinating, drafting, reviewing, and submitting various function reports, sourcing inputs from other stakeholders where required, for Naval Ships, Maritime and Land
- Supporting the functional enablement and improvement plan activities including supporting functional embedding of toolsets (Dynamics, Digital contracts), process improvement, Tableau Dashboards etc.
- Acting as a functional Subject Matter Expert (SME) and point of contact for the toolsets
- Championing continuous improvement and activities within the function such as Your Voice Our Future
- Managing the compilation and on-going management of functional Learning & Development plans, including budget management, and ensuring all mandatory training is communicated and completed
Your skills and experiences:
- High level of business acumen
- Broad financial awareness and a good level of knowledge and experience of Commercial policies and practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Packages (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience of Tableau, Dynamics, SAP is advantageous but not essential as training will be provided
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Central Capability Team:
The Central Capability Team sits within the wider Commercial function and supports the Naval Ships, Maritime and Land business. This is a newly formed team that focuses on driving the functions forwards and connecting the dots! A great opportunity to broaden your business and commercial skillset outside of projects or programmes. Your career progression will be fully encouraged and supported with the opportunity to undertake Qualifications such as IACCM. This is an exciting and varied role where no two days are ever the same!
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.