BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Counsel
Location: Samlesbury and Warton: We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring governance in establishing international partnerships with customers and industry partners
- Understanding the commercial, political and economic issues affecting our business
- Drafting, negotiating, agreeing, completing and supporting contractual arrangements with customers and partners which contribute to the development of the business
- Ensuring that the Air Sector business is compliant with all applicable legal requirements including health and safety, procurement law, product safety, compliance, export control and ethical business conduct
- Ensuring the Air sector business continues to respond effectively to its regulatory and contractual obligations relating to IT, cyber security, information handling and personal data protection
- Ensuring legal risks associated with the use of cloud based solutions to store, process or deliver solutions involving information, IP and data that the Company owns or is responsible for are understood and managed appropriately
- Participating from an early stage in disputes to assist in developing appropriate strategies for their effective resolution
Your skills and experiences:
- UK qualified solicitors or barristers with appropriate leading law firm and/or in-house experience
- Experience of operating within a commercial environment
- Sound knowledge of, and experience of dealing with, relevant areas of the law
- Ability to establish trusted relationships, exert influence and communicate clearly and effectively
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Air Sector Legal team:
BAE Systems Air Sector is at the leading edge of some of the most complex and varied programmes in the world including: the world’s largest defence programme, the F-35 Lightning II; the Eurofighter Typhoon and the future of UK combat air technology, Team Tempest.
As part of a first class, collaborative and friendly team, you will receive training and development relevant to our industry, as well as wide ranging exposure to a variety of challenging work. The role will provide the opportunity to contribute towards the Air Sector’s overall objectives, which include growing and supporting a sustainable international business, developing the next generation of combat aircraft capabilities, delivering support and training solutions for our customers’ air forces and maximising technological capabilities and cultivating a highly skilled and diverse workforce.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.