A range of roles for Learning %26 Development professionals
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: A range of roles for Learning and Development Professionals
Location:Onsite in Barrow for two days per week with the option to work remotely for three days
The Academy Team:
This is an exciting time to join our growing Learning & Development team. Working in the Submarines Academy for Skills and Knowledge (SASK), we strive to be at the forefront of learning and technology. There are a variety of roles available from delivery of specific and targeted L&D projects to partnering with Business & HR representatives supporting the end-to-end delivery of skills strategies through learning.
Typical activities in these roles could be
- Work with stakeholders to drive and execute learning plans which deliver skills strategies to time, cost and quality
- Evolve and deliver our learning strategy aligned to BAE Systems strategic priorities
- Lead and coordinate our skills and competence management activity
- Work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to align our leadership development plans to meet business requirements, equipping our leaders for the future
- Lead and coordinate our approach to the quality of learning and governance
- Work with external partners across industry and academia to deliver learning projects which benefit the business, the community, and other key stakeholders
Your skills and experiences:
- CIPD Qualified, or working towards
- Experience of working across the full learning cycle
- L&D/ HR consultancy skills with a workforce of thousands rather than hundreds
- Ability to work under pressure with agility and resilience
- Comfort with ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to work confidently analyse and translate data into solutions
Advantages for some roles
- Experience of managing budgets
- Knowledge of the further and higher education landscape
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.