Solution Architect (Practitioner - M%26SCC IF%26P)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Solutions Architect
Location: Warton or Samlesbury. We're offering hybrid and flexible working arrangements for this role - please speak with the recruiter for further details
Salary: £49,135 - £70,385 per annum depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Establish and maintain the requirements focused around the Inventory Forecasting and Planning toolset (Syncron)
- Produce technical documentation to support successful design and delivery of the deployments, changes, updates and incidents
- Solution definition
- Support LCM Design Reviews ensuring deliverables are sufficiently mature to progress the programme with acceptable risk
- Support the IM&T team in the identification of technical risks and the resolution of technical issues and challenges
- Forge and maintain relationships with technical staff and advisors
- Prepare the technical cost and schedule estimates based on the agreed Technical Management Plan
- Work across the multiple teams that act as suppliers to the projects
- Participate in Incident / Problem management reviews, RCAs and driving actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Participate in Risks and Issues Management within the competency centre
Your skills and experiences:
- Change Management experience
- Knowledge of TOGAF or similar architecture frameworks
- Effective and influential stakeholder management skills and experience
- Experience of Solution Definition and Design
- Previous experience of Solution Architecture Design is desirable
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Inventory Forecasting and Planning (IF&P) Capability Team
By joining this new team you will be able to help provide IM&T Technical Management support in the delivery and sustainment of the Inventory Forecasting and Planning (IF&P) capability within the Maintenance and Support Services Competency Centre (M&SSCC). You will play an integral part of the team helping to growing the capability through our ongoing Support transformation programmes.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.