QEC WTA Senior Mission Systems Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: QEC WTA Senior Mission Systems Engineer
Location: Portsmouth Naval Base- We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £46000 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Assessing the impact and influencing the design of complex engineering changes to in-service Queen Elizabeth Class (QEC) aircraft carriers
- Providing systems engineering and combat system expertise to support the introduction of new capability across a wide range of equipment domains (e.g. satellite and conventional communications, mixed media Ethernet networks, radar, C4ISR…)
- Developing reactive solutions to engineering problems, by survey on board QEC platforms and the application of own expertise and engineering judgement
- Supporting design reviews for combat systems design changes
- Defining technical scope of work to support commercial and financial estimating
- Responding to engineering queries related to combat system equipment
- Supporting internal and external stakeholders in the development of requirements and concept system designs
- Mentoring and supporting the development of other engineers within the team
Your skills and experiences:
- Competent and experienced systems engineer, with a background in working with physical equipment
- Experience in integrating complex equipment into larger system-of-systems, ideally within a maritime environment
- Experience in a highly regulated industry
- Able to work collaboratively, communicate clearly, and constructively influence others
- Experience in one or more of the following fields - RF Communications, Network Architecture, Fibre Optics, Radar, Combat Management Systems, Electronic Systems.
- Prior experience in the Marine/Defence industry
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The WTA team:
The QEC Warship Technical Authority (WTA) team comprises a broad range of industry subject matter experts. Working collaboratively at the waterfront with the MoD, Royal Navy, and industry partners, we maintain and improve the capability of the Royal Navy’s most valuable surface assets.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation