Senior Research and Development Design Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Research and Development Design Engineer(multiple roles)
Salary: £42,760 - £56,456
What you’ll be doing:
- Engaged in product development activities such as structural layouts, components design, equipment/antenna integration- taking account of factors such as product technology developments, materials selection, and manufacturing processes.
- Working closely with other engineering disciplines and functions, supplier and customer areas, fostering a collaborative product development environment
- Creating and verifying airframe design solutions to meet a range of product functional requirements, in line with design standards, whilst maintaining quality, cost and schedule adherence
- Identifying and mitigating project technical risks and opportunities.
- Supporting all aspects of personal and professional development for yourself and, where appropriate, others in your team
- Supporting the definition and resource planning of design workload delivery
Your skills and experience:
- Experience in an Airframe Design role, or equivalent ‘near-neighbour’ skill areas.
- Degree or HNC/HND or equivalent qualification in STEM
- Experience operating within airframe design role, or equivalent, in one or more phases of the product lifecycle
- Proficiency in a CAD system, typically CATIA V5 or equivalent toolset, with experience in a configuration control toolset (PLM) system.
- Awareness of product lifecycle requirements and the importance of governance to product integrity
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders, requiring both problem solving and good communication skills
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary integrated product development environment, influencing adjacent disciplines
- Experience of working with external customers, suppliers, and partners
- Experience managing design tasks to meet engineering design requirements and programme requirements.
- Experience leading and guiding other Design staff.
- Experience holding a design check signature.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Tempest team:
This role will provide you with a unique opportunity to develop your career by working on the design aspects of advanced, leading-edge, ground-breaking technology programmes within the Tempest team, with opportunities for career progression aligned to your personal and professional development.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.