Principle Cyber Security Lead
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Principle Cyber Security Lead
Location: Preston or Farnborough. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £70,000 depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the delivery of Cyber Security assurance activities to ensure ‘secure by design’ and ‘effective in operation’ for systems and services in scope
- Manage, support and develop a team of Cyber Assurance Specialists
- Lead Assessment of systems, services and Cyber Security controls, provide independent analysis of compliance with BAE Systems Security Policy, standards and external regulatory requirements
- Lead the assessment of Cyber Security controls to ascertain effectiveness in reducing risk, including any vulnerability components
- Lead Stakeholder and Business Unit engagements ensuring the triage, prioritisation and ongoing support is provided for incoming workflow which is then distributed across the Cyber Assurance team
- The analysis, creation and compilation of relevant assurance documentation determining the compliance level of systems and services, technical security controls with applicable accreditation and internal policy requirements.
- Assess Architectural designs and identify proportionate Cyber Security controls aligned with business objective
- You’ll also have people manager responsibilities in this role
Your skills and experiences:
- Extensive Cyber Security assurance experience, dealing with security risk, technical security controls, technologies and architectures
- Experience providing security input and advice to projects in the Government/Defence (preferable) or commercial organisations
- Awareness of system development lifecycle methodologies
- Knowledge of information security standards, such as HMG, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, DFARS, DEFSTAN, ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials+
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) preferably in a related discipline
- CISSP, CISM or CCP qualification/certifications
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Cyber Assurance team:
The Cyber Assurance Team with Shared Services are part of Enterprise IT (EIT) with responsibility for assuring all enterprise managed systems and services, spanning UK/RoW. The team ensure systems / services are built and configured in-line with applicable Cyber Security Standards.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.