Through-Life Support %26 Information Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Location: South Ayrshire Council
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Through-Life Support Engineer
Location: Prestwick / Hybrid
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £39 462 - £45 827 (Commensurate with skills and experience)
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating and updating configured data within Logistics Support databases and Technical Information toolsets
- Utilising design and in-service data and customer improvement requests to identify maintenance optimisations and provide efficient Maintenance Policies, Schedules and Procedures
- Researching, originating, and editing technical information, manuals and supporting data to create, update and publish ‘design approved data’ to national and international specifications
- Analysing safety requirements / hazards that may influence Support solutions
Your skills and experiences:
- HNC / HND qualified (or equivalent) in a STEM related discipline
- Support engineering experience in aerospace / maritime maintenance or product service environment
- Use / authoring technical documentation and manuals
- Understanding of how Support data is recorded in a Logistics Support Analysis Record (LSAR)
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Databases
- Knowledge of Fleet and Maintenance Planning
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Through-Life Support & Information Team:
As part of the team, you will have a significant part to play in our increasing digital and systems engineering approach. You will work across a variety of opportunities involved in the reliability and influence of the design across all aspects of Support Engineering from aerospace and adjacent sectors, such as maritime and land.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.