Finance Manager - Qatar Typhoon Support
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Finance Manager –Qatar Typhoon Support
Location: Warton. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading, managing and motivating a team supporting the business to deliver all internal & external targets (financial and non-financial) for the Qatar Typhoon Support Performance Obligation
- Providing financial support and management information to Control Account Managers (CAMs)/ budget holders and non-finance functions
- Supporting and leading the transformation within the Finance Function
- Maintaining and improving financial controls across the Typhoon Support team on Qatar ensuring all financial procedures and controls are applied as required.
- Leading the finance support to the Head of the Typhoon Support programme, driving business improvement
- Leading the Foreign Currency management on the contract
Your skills and experiences:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant - ICAEW, CIMA, ACCA
- Proven ability to distil complex issues, opportunities and challenges in a succinct and compelling narrative
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence senior internal and/or external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
- Leaderships skills with the capability to motivate individuals and teams across several business areas, to shape and implement business requirements
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Qatar Typhoon Support Integrated Project team:
As part of the Qatar Typhoon Support Project team, you will deliver business objectives supporting the Typhoon aircraft based at Dukhan Airbase in Qatar and the associated functional support from the UK Service Delivery organisation.
Using a wide range of approaches, you will play a key role in improving underlying business processes and performance whilst ensuring a robust control environment is in place and key stakeholders are supported on all financial matters. This is a fantastic opportunity to apply your leadership and business acumen, make a mark and support your future career aspirations.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.