Senior Electrical/Electronics Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Electrical/Electronics Engineer
Location: Barrow-in-Furness. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: £45,572 + dependent on experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Producing system designs and documentation, including design descriptions, schematic diagrams, and safety justifications.
- Equipment specification and selection; and collating equipment attributes to supporting build model and bill of material compilation
- Supporting system design reviews and model reviews
- The validation of any systems/ equipment, which may include the generation of test schedules, test and integration plans and the writing/investigation of test problem report
Your skills and experiences:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline (Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Systems Engineering or similar
- Electrical/Electronic/Software design background on complex engineering projects
- The ability to develop and propose Concept Designs of, for example, motion control systems and feedback components, power amplifiers and motors
- Working knowledge of MATLAB/ Simulink (or equivalent package)
- Working knowledge of technical office process standards and standard instructions (BMS and LCM).
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Engineering team:
Working in a team of electrical engineers you will play a key role in designing Electrical/Electronic systems for business-critical projects such as 4.5” MK.8 MOD1 Naval Gun, M777 and AS90. You will gain exposure to all stages of the product lifecycle, whilst working across complex and interesting programmes.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.