Software Services Practitioner
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Software Services Practitioner
Location: Preston. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Circa £43,000 depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Working within a high level team to develop and implement a policy to deal with software obsolescence for applications within our CAL (Certified Applications List)
- Co-ordinate with internal departments and third party suppliers to compile and validate accurate and up to date software asset information
- Identify opportunities for licence optimisation
- Develop and maintain an up to date understanding of the agreed vendor license models
- Create and maintain records of license entitlement
- Work with data analysts to produce consolidated and business group reports of software utilisation
- Create and maintain effective licensing positions (ELP) to an agreed schedule
- Review ELP and obsolescence with stakeholders
Your skills and experiences:
- ITIL / ITAM qualifications and experience
- An understanding of different ITAM toolsets, Flexera, ServiceNow, SNOW
- A working knowledge licensing for large scale software such as IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, SAP
- Experience of liaising with vendors/3rd parties at an operational level
- Excel and PowerPoint skills
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Shared Services team:
This part of the Shared Services team is responsible for services from BAE Systems strategic suppliers and internally delivered towers. These services include Application certification, EUD Software Obsolescence, Adobe, Scalable Asset Vision, and SSL Certificates Assurance. The Service Manager is the professional conscience ensuring that lines of services are accessible, compliant, and relevant to our business in terms of service definition, cost and performance.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.