Pension Risk %26 Governance Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Pension Risk & Governance Manager - 2 Year FTC
Location: Farnborough. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
Salary: Circa £53,000 depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing and taking ownership of the Risk Management Framework for all UK pensions schemes, oversight of governance and assurance plans to ensure an effective system of governance is in place
- Responsibility to ensure the Risk Management Framework addresses the requirements set by external parties, such as governance arrangements set by the Pensions Regulator and internal BAE Systems policies and procedures
- Acting as the data protection lead for the team ensuring adherence to all regulatory GDPR requirements
- Overseeing and driving the agenda for risk meetings with Trustees of each pension scheme, working collaboratively with stakeholders to ensure mitigating actions are in place and monitored
- Responsibility for the aggregation of risk documentation and accompanying commentary, this will include risk registers for each scheme and detailed risk reviews as required
- Attending Trustee meetings to present and facilitate discussions on risk management as required
- Acting as a key contact for BAE Systems Internal Audit function (for pensions related audits) and service providers in relation to assurance work carried out
- Overseeing and managing the Pensions Assurance programme, tracking progress of any pension scheme recommendations raised from any assurance work carried out, including items raised from Internal Audit
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of working in the pensions industry enabling identification and adoption of good practice, governance and assurance processes
- Extensive knowledge of the governance requirements set out by the Pensions Regulator, Codes of Practice and GDPR requirements
- Strong communication skills including capacity to articulate the requirements of a Risk Management Framework and monitoring mechanisms whilst providing training as required
- Change management skills with experience in improving and developing processes
- Ability to engage positively and adapt style to build and influence relationships with stakeholders
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Pension team:
Working closely with our colleagues in the Trustee Pensions team this role is responsible for shaping and stewardship of pension risk management across the UK pension schemes by establishing risk management mechanisms, governance and guidelines for management of the UK pension schemes, including the winner of the 2021 Pensions Age Awards DB Pension Scheme of the year.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.