Programme Manager - Hunter
BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Programme Manager – Hunter Class Frigate Programme – 18 Months FTC
Location: Glasgow or Filton
Salary: Up to £75,000 + depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Acting as the lead senior project manager on Hunter Class Frigate Programmein the UK.
- Lead the PM governance of Hunter Engineering delivery IPT organisation
- Lead the UK Hunter PMO team including Project Controls and Scheduling teams
- Assure effective programme management practice across Hunter programme in the UK including leadership of Engineering delivery, programme reporting, EAC, risk, scheduling and change
- Lead and drive the resolution of Hunter programme issues and act as the UK conduit for Programme Delivery issues into the Hunter team in Australia
- Coach and develop the Programme Management team and provide appropriate guidance where required to Project Managers and CAMs
- Act as deputy to the Hunter Programme Director where required
- Provision of functional leadership and capability for Hunter Class Frigate UK PM resources, interfacing with Naval Ships PM functional team Responsible for assuring effective delivery of sub-contract obligations into UK Naval Ships business unit / Senior Leadership Team
Your skills and experiences:
- Extensive PM experience within a large and complex environment and knowledge of other business functions
- Demonstrates good commercial awareness & how it integrates within own and wider project areas.
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills. Able to persuade and influence internal & external stakeholders, often at senior levels internally, sometimes externally.
- Candidates with PM experience from industries such as Defence, Oil & Gas, Automotive, Rail, Engineering or Construction would be preferred.
- APM qualification or Prince 2
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Team: The Hunter Class Frigate Programme Management Team
The role is an integral leading role in the UK based project management team for the Hunter Class Frigate programme delivering frigates to the Royal Australian Navy.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.