Principal Quality Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Principal Quality Engineer
Location: Barrow-in-Furness - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
What you’ll be doing:
- Undertaking routine, non-routine & complex Quality Assurance activities & tasks to meet Quality Management Plan
- Accessing and have a clear understanding of and develop Local Management System Documentation
- Managing internal audit programme and audits with a view to leading if required
- Articulating & delivering Quality strategy & objectives
- Supporting departmental reviews and liaise with customer when required
- Supporting the delivery of results via continuous improvement activities
- Analysing LfE information and application to prevent issues from occurring
Your skills and experiences:
- Knowledge of quality requirements with the passion to drive quality improvement
- Knowledge of the business – Quality/Engineering/Build Strategy/Operations
- Understanding of the product & Quality's role
- Knowledge of quality standards / processes
- Business experience or relatable qualification (NVQ / HNC)
- Experience using business systems (Team Centre, SAP, BI, CAD)
- Experience in Quality, Design, Manufacturing Engineering
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Quality team:
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work with a wide spectrum of stakeholders from across the business with a view to preventing issues from occurring throughout the product lifecycle, affecting long term product Quality, improving processes and changing ways of working in line with the Quality Strategy.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.