BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Commercial Manager
Location: Rochester. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Competitive plus car allowance
What you’ll be doing:
- Support and manage a team of Commercial professionals
- Collaborate across the breadth of the organisation
- Understand the customer acquisition process, develop and execute complex negotiation strategies against well-defined success criteria
- Draft and negotiate terms & conditions for complex programmes
- Interpret and communicate customer requirements
- Oversee complex contracts and support the team to execute
- Identify and mitigate risk; assess and realise opportunity
- Manage change and deliver upon financial commitments
Your skills and experiences:
- Consistently demonstrate a high level of accountability, problem solving and leadership
- Create value for our customers by understanding their needs
- Operate with calm professionalism in a highly changeable business environment
- Extensive business acumen and financial awareness
- Strong communication skills
- Proven management/mentoring experience
- Degree level qualification in a business-related subject, or equivalent experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Electronic Systems Business Commercial team:
Join a join a dynamic team that supports the delivery of transformative technology across a diverse global portfolio of military and commercial customers.
As a Commercial Manager, you will be a trusted partner of our business. Ultimately, you will be managing customer relationships, negotiating deals, creating innovative solutions, and providing guidance on contractual, legal, regulatory and governance matters with senior internal and external stakeholders.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.