Oracle Database Administrator
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Oracle Systems Administrator
Location: Rochester - We offer a range of hybrid working options.
Salary: Circa £50,000 depending on skills and experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identifying and correcting performance issues, reviewing systems and error logs, storage management, backups, job monitoring, optimization efforts, data integrity analysis and resolving database contention issues.
- Managing Oracle Cloud environments
- Oracle and SQL database administration to ensure databases are tuned to perform efficiently, plus reviewing established monitoring process to look for improvements.
- Ensure systems and environment are patched to the latest vendor patch levels including cloning of systems between environments.
- Excellent communication skills, that can sell concepts to stakeholders in a non-technical, easy to understand fashion, but with the technical expertise to be able to engage in technical conversations with detailed subject matter experts
Your skills and experiences:
- SQL Server Administration and Support with experience of Oracle Database Administration and Support.
- Proven experience in a IT Systems database role
- Proven database monitoring and preventative maintenance including tool sets recommendations
- Oracle EBS or managing Oracle cloud environments would be advantageous
- Oracle cloud technologies
- Some knowledge of Teamcenter Unified, SharePoint, T-SQL, SQL, SSIS, PowerBI, Oracle RDBMS 11i, 12c Red Hat Linux skills would be advantageous
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Electronic Systems Team:
BAE Systems, Electronic Systems IT (UK) based in Rochester require an IT System Administrator to join and established Systems Admin team and report to the IT Services Manager. As part of the System Admin team you will ensure housekeeping activities are performed in line with our procedural mandates, as well as looking for ways to improve executions. This role will involve an element of being on-call to support.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.