Supply Chain Manager – New Business
BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager – New Business
Location: Any UK BAE Naval Ships Site - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Circa £63,000
What you’ll be doing:
Working as part of a cross functional bid team, the role involves the development of Supply Chain engagement and procurement strategies for future Programmes and has a key role to play in shaping the way the business contract for emerging technologies.
- Identify, qualify and develop opportunities in the sectors in which the business operates
- Identification of potential new/adjacent markets
- Support the development and acquisition of cutting edge technologies
- Develop supplier engagement and procurement strategies for Supply Chain Future Programmes activities
- Responsible for the Supply Chain deliverables into the future programmes bids, including contracting arrangements with other partners / affiliates as required
- Play an active role in Naval Ships’ external stakeholder engagement
- Regular UK travel with the opportunity to travel overseas
Your skills and experiences:
- In depth Supply Chain experience
- Extensive commercial and contractual knowledge
- Experience in business winning bid teams
- Demonstrable ability to develop and implement innovative solutions
- Highly developed negotiating skills
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Maritime Naval Ships team:
As a key member of the Future Programmes team you will set out and deliver the Supply Chain strategy for the next generation of Naval ships and support the development of cutting edge technologies. This is an exciting time to join a team tasked with transforming the way we design and build Naval Ships in the UK. You will have high level of visibility within the business with the opportunity to influence future. Naval Shipbuilding.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.