Senior Plant and Equipment Project Delivery Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Plant and Equipment Project Delivery Engineer
Location: Warton/Samlesbury - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements- dependant on business needs
Salary: £45,326 + depending on experience
What you will be doing:
- Responsibility for the overall delivery of Production related equipment projects from concept to completion within specific timescales and budgets, working in conjunction with internal stakeholders from areas such as Production, Engineering, Quality, Facilities Management (Infrastructure), Safety, Procurement; and external Suppliers, sub-contractors, and other governance bodies
- Compiling detailed facility specifications, by working with internal customers to understand their requirements and then engaging the external marketplace, to establish potential solutions. Ensuring effective communication and engagement at all levels within the organisation
- Developing, designing, and implementing new and improve existing production systems through the installation of new equipment
Your skills and experiences:
- Working/Worked in a discipline related to mechanical or electrical engineering and have experience in the project guidance of Production related equipment in such areas Machining, Fabrications, Non-Destructive testing, Additive Layer Manufacturing, component treatment and finishing (i.e., Chemical processing, spraying)
- Experience of managing and maintaining complex documentation, within a regulated framework
- Experience of effective internal/external stakeholder management skills, which include influencing and negotiation etc
- HNC or HND qualification (or similar) with an Engineering Discipline
- Experience of working within an automated manufacturing production environment, ideally within Aerospace
- Experience of working within a heavily regulated industry
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Project Delivery team:
As a part of Project Delivery Team, you will assist in identifying the customer requirements, expanding those into detailed specifications, working in conjunction with relevant functional governance to establish the most cost-effective solution, working with the Supply base. You then establish the Project Plan (Time, Cost and Benefits) to facilitate a business case, and then deliver the solution, and ensure that the supplied equipment delivers the required solution.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please discuss to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation