BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Broad Oak, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £57,810 depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Applying theoretical and practical engineering knowledge, experience & skills to develop complex mechanical engineering designs, requirements and test specifications and resolving technical & performance issues with existing and legacy products
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team, lead engineer or design authority on the design of new products or providing product engineering support of legacy equipment
- Providing specialist mechanical engineering support within a specific product development team
Your skills and experiences:
- HNC or Degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or related subject
- Applying a broad understanding of mechanical engineering theory and technology
- One or more skills in a specialist area such as structural design and stress analysis, Finite Element Analysis, cooling systems, Computational Fluid Dynamics, mechanical drive systems, hydraulics, materials or advanced manufacturing technology
- Working towards chartered engineer status is desirable
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Mechanical team:
Working as a part of a small multi-disciplinary team on a range of projects. Offering opportunities for original design work and support of existing products. Scope for career progression and development.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.