BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Production Manager
Location: Warton or Samlesbury
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing a Production team to deliver programme schedules at the required Cost, Quality & Safety standards
- Integrating and aligning your team against core objectives and recognising that good employee engagement is fundamental
- Effectively managing differing and sometimes conflicting priorities of the business utilising judgement and experience to inform senior stakeholders
- Reporting on the status of the business area; identifying trends, problems and opportunities to implement performance improvements
Your skills and experiences:
- Previous experience in the delivery of complex and critical manufacturing processes with strong leadership competencies and the ability to achieve schedule and financial targets
- HNC (or above) equivalent qualification or experience in Engineering/Operations Management
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Production team:
The team will be responsible for leading a large and diverse team delivering cutting edge products to customers worldwide. This role will provide you with a unique opportunity to work with existing and developing technologies across F-35, Typhoon, Hawk and Tempest programmes
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.