Test Systems Software Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Test Systems Software Engineer
Location: Rochester. We offer hybrid working but there will be a requirement to be on site 3 days a week minimum - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Circa £30,000
What you’ll be doing:
- Test Equipment Systems Requirements and Validation
- Test Equipment Software Architectures
- Test Equipment Software Requirement Generation/Derivation
- Test Equipment Software Top level and detailed Design
- Test Equipment Software Integration
- Test Equipment Software Verification/Validation
- Test Equipment Software estimation and task maturity tracking
Your skills and experiences:
- Some technical Software Engineering and Development skills with a good understanding of Systems and Hardware
- Educated to minimum of HNC level or equivalent
- Experience of working in an engineering environment
- Experience of Test Equipment design
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Test Systems team:
As part of the Test Systems team at BAE Systems Rochester, you will be working on active projects developing application software used to test and simulate various avionic systems. Test Systems provides equipment used to develop and test components such as Head-Up Displays, mission and flight control computers, and flight controls.
Whilst working with cutting edge technology, this role offers a lot of day-to-day challenges and variation with excellent career progression opportunities, and you will be fully supported in your development within BAE Systems.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.