BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Software Developer
Location: Warton - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: Circa £45,326 - £49,834, depending on skills & experience
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll analyse system requirements to influence the software design and contribute to project planning
- You’ll implement and configure new functionality ensuring a maintainable code base
- You’ll produce Unit/Module Tests and Software Documents with the appropriate coverage
- You’ll provide software support to the Systems Build, Integration and Test teams during formal qualification activities
Your skills and experiences:
- Comprehensive C# ability with experience using WPF/Winforms
- Experience with Source Control (e.g. Git or Clearcase), Automated Testing (e.g. Coded /UI or Rational Robot), COM, .Net Interop, Oracle, SQL, XML (XSD/XSLT), Entity Framework and Team Foundation Server/Azure DevOps
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Design Patterns, SOLID and Agile development methodologies
- Degree in STEM subject or equivalent experience
- Experience with VB6
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Engineering Support Subsystem (ESS) team:
The ESS Team is critical to operation of Eurofighter Typhoon, as the RAF personnel use ESS to communicate with the aircraft integrated monitoring and recording control systems. These systems retrieve information, diagnose faults and ensure that the air force can adequately protect the UK and it’s interests.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.