Senior Airframe Design Engineer (Electrical)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Airframe Design Engineer (Electrical)
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £56,456 (Commensurate with skills and experience)
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with other engineering disciplines and functions, supplier and customer areas, fostering a team-working and collaborative product development environment.
- Producing and issuing Airframe engineering design data to meet project requirements, in line with design standards, whilst maintaining quality, cost and schedule adherence.
- Verifying design data prior to a formal independent check criteria to ensure compliance with project standards.
- Identifying project technical risks and opportunities, and where appropriate propose mitigation plans.
- Supporting all aspects of personal and professional development for yourself and, where appropriate, others in your team.
- Evaluating and resolving design queries and supporting the generation of resulting modifications and changes.
- Supporting the definition and resource planning of design workload delivery.
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience in an Airframe Design role, or equivalent ‘near-neighbour’ disciplines.
- Proficiency in a CAD system, typically CATIA V5 or equivalent toolset, with experience in a PLM system.
- Degree or HNC/HND or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in holding a design check signature.
- Experience of managing Design tasks to meet engineering design requirements and programme requirements.
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Airframe Engineering Design Team:
As a Senior Electrical Design Engineer, you will be part of a team producing the physical product definition to satisfy a set of multidisciplinary system functional requirements. You will play a part in the development of advanced combat aircraft products and technologies, while working in an agile and collaborative business environment.
Your Engineering design capabilities will be developed across a range of design skills and product lifecycle stages using the CATIA V5 Electrical 3D & 2D Design Toolset. This will include the design installation of electrical equipment, routing of electrical harnesses, incorporating support structure and physical separation requirements, taking account of system performance, system safety, system redundancy as well as cost and through-life considerations.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.