Principal Engineer - Mechanical (Platform)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Principal Engineer - Mechanical (Platform)
Location: Barrow in Furness. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working
What you’ll be doing:
- Support the engineering team to plan, deliver and progress the work scope
- Defining requirements, and managing the designs including any changes required
- Supporting and advising other teams on the build of submarine systems and equipment
- Providing technical leadership and direction to engineers and juniors
- Supporting the development of individuals and teams to enhance skills and competencies, so that technical capability objectives are fully achieved
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of applying systems engineering principles to the development of mechanical fluid systems to any of the following - cooling systems, HVAC systems, hydraulic actuation systems, sea water systems ect
- Evidence of technical leadership, coaching or mentoring
- Knowledge or experience of compressible/incompressible fluid flow analysis
- Comfortable specifying equipment and components to meet functional requirements
- Recognised Engineering degree (Minimum Bachelors/Chartered Engineer or working towards
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Platform Systems team:
The team work on the next generation of submarines and which are at the early stages with regards to systems and equipment. Within the team there will be plenty of growth opportunities, as well as providing the change to changing the way the business work but diving continuous improvement and looking to change our way of work with positive challenge and influence.
The business is always looking to develop staff members, make sure all training is give, but also looking at strengths within the team and aspirations to help with progression.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.