Mission Systems, System Safety, Group Leader
BAE Systems UK
Location: East Riding of Yorkshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Mission Systems Safety Group Leader
Location: Brough- We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage all of the System Safety analysis of Mission Systems equipment in line with the program plans and relevant standards.
- Be responsible for ensuring the quality, System Safety standards, product integrity and product environmental standards are upheld at all times
- Cultivate a good professional relationship with a broad range of stakeholders included access to Senior Engineering stakeholders
- Will be responsible for working with the external suppliers to ensure that all existing and future avionic equipment is compliant with the relevant System Safety requirements.
- Support the Mission Systems department by coordinating all of the ‘System Safety’ lines of all Engineering Estimates relating to future workload within the Mission Systems, System Safety team
Your skills and experiences:
- A Higher National Certificate within a STEM subject considered as the minimum qualification entry criteria, with the preference being at Degree level, conversant experience will also be considered.
- Proven relevant engineering experience in Aerospace or a related field.
- Have proven team-working skills; a proactive approach to problem solving; effective communication skills and the ability to effectively lead and support a team.
- Systems Safety Experience is highly desirable, other industries will be considered outside of aviation
- Domain Knowledge of toolsets
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Mission Systems Safety Team:
You will get the opportunity to become a Subject Matter Expert in Mission Systems, Systems Safety and this role would be an ideal fit for an individual who loves analytical thinking to solve challenges within engineering. You will also be responsible in leading a small team of specialist engineers.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation