Land Radar Assistant Project Manager
BAE Systems UK
Location: Isle of Wight
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Land Radar Assistant Project Manager
Location: Cowes, Isle of Wight, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £45,000 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Planning activities of the project, maintaining an up-to-date schedule and cost to completion to in-feed to financial reporting and forward load resource plans
- Tracking and controlling the activities of the project, monitoring actual versus planned project progress, and initiating corrective action, where actual results differ from the plan
- Allocating task to the Engineers & Project Officers
- Assisting in the preparation of bids / estimates / proposals
- Managing data within Business Winning (Microsoft Dynamics) tool
- Deputising for the Project Manager, as appropriate
Your skills and experiences:
- Proficient in Microsoft project
- Ability to create accurate forecasts for monthly reporting
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work with a variety of teams
- APM qualification
- Experience of working in project control
- Flexibility to travel to other BAE sites on occasion
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Land Radar team:
The Land Radar team supply and support long range air defence radars for UK MOD and export customers. Ensuring operation of the radar in the UK and overseas are supported by the project team. Ranging from management of repairs and spares to responding to customer needs. Managing annual maintenance and responding to export bids – turning them into contracts.
This role will provide you with fantastic development and growth, with delivery of projects, and the opportunity to move into full time Project Management role.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.