Test Equipment Support Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Test Equipment Support Engineer
Location: Broad Oak
Salary: Up to £44,000 dependent on skills and experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be responsible for the maintenance and calibration of a wide range of production test equipment and thermal chambers, including repair and upgrade.
- Diagnose a wide range of complex Special to Type Test Equipment with limited technical support.
- Review and maintain appropriate procedures and process Documents.
- Support and assist in the training and development of personnel.
- Implement earth bond and Insulation testing using equipment including portable appliance testers.
Your skills and experiences:
- Ideally hold a technical related qualification to HND Level or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge in SAP to record equipment history/compliance
- Understand technical detail and specification requirements to interpret results of test
- Previously used relevant Business Management System procedures.
- Understanding of business, SHE policies is required.
- Have detailed understanding of a wide range of technical disciples such as analogue, digital, RF and micro processing, programming skills in C and lab view.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Thirteen Service Support team:
As a Test Equipment Support Engineer, you will verify technical performance of a wide range of Special To Type Test Equipment (STTE) by carrying out detailed calibration specifications. You will diagnose any calibration failures using experience/technical education and a wide range of proprietary test equipment as required. You will be joining a growing team, with career progression opportunities, who works with underwater weapons, avionics, and naval power for various countries.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.