Senior Engineer (Naval Architecture) Outfit
BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Senior Engineer (Naval Architecture) Outfit
Location: Scotstoun - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
Salary: Up to £46,420 (dependent on skillset and experience)
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepare technical equipment specifications; develop designs in line with all specifications and standards and co-ordinate with suppliers to ensure delivery to the agreed specification
- Co-ordinate with systems engineers and detail designers on the integration of outfit systems
- Support and attend FATs, HATs and SATs during the build, commissioning, and trials phases
- Supporting the integration of Outfit systems on ship and lead engagement with the operations team to resolve technical issues and support build programme
- Participate fully in developing, maintaining, and modifying Outfit processes and procedures
- Liaise with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters
- Contribute to engineering team decisions to support the effective performance of the team
Your skills and experiences:
Applicants should be degree qualified or equivalent experience likely to be in a technology, engineering, or science related discipline. You should also meet the requirements for registration as an Incorporated Engineer with the Engineering Council and preferably be a member of a relevant Professional Body.
- Knowledge and experience of naval and / or commercial ship outfit systems with the experience to support system and spatial integration issues with other disciplines.
- Experience of working with multiple project stakeholders at various levels
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to exchange information to both internal and external customers
- Experience writing and reviewing technical reports and specifications
- Proven experience of using relevant industry standards
- Qualification in STEM based discipline or relevant experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Outfitting Team:
As part of Outfitting team, you will undertake a defined range of whole ship - Integration activities including Outfit systems, compartment design and integration activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements. Supplying advice and support to internal and external customers ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements.
Your role will provide you interaction with the ship – supporting delivery of the type HCF Frigate, time on ship, building and dealing with issues that support the build programme.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.