Apprentice and Skills Development Coach - Engineering
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Apprentice & Skills Development Coach (Engineering)
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £39,921 + depending on experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop links with the relevant functions in the business to understand the requirements of the role and the apprenticeship standards
- Assess and monitor learner progress & performance in line with the apprenticeship standards
- Accurately maintain and record data in accordance with funding and awarding body requirements
- Understand, provide direction and support in the effective use of E-portfolios and VLE
- Effectively plan, support and monitor apprentice placements
- Take professional pride in their role and embrace continuous professional development opportunities
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree level qualified or time spent in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical or Nuclear Engineering
- Experience of working an engineering business/commercial related role
- Experience of coaching and mentoring apprentices towards apprenticeship standards
- Further Education, Teaching background or Quality and OFSTED experience desirable
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Apprentice Skills and Development team:
Reporting to our Project Leader, this is a highly satisfying role where will you be coaching our apprentices and helping them to unlock their potential. Early Careers is an expanding area within BAE Systems and this is an exciting opportunity with the flexibility to make the role your own! You will be working with a supportive team of apprentice skills coaches and we provide numerous opportunities for development within the business.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.