Air - IT Hardware Development Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: IT Hardware Development Engineer
Salary: Up to £43,323, depending on skills and experiences
What you’ll be doing:
- Support design of systems and subsystems utilising PCs and networking and other Commercial Off the Shelf hardware
- Contribute to Training devices system and sub system design
- Production of Acceptance Test Manuals
- Liaise in the definition facilities required at the customer site
- Support integration of training device sub systems including computer and visual systems
- Installation and testing of training devices initially at Warton and then at the customer’s site
- Participation in acceptance testing with the end customer
- Working with internal and external suppliers
Your skills and experiences:
- Apprenticeship, HNC or degree in STEM or Computing or equivalent relevant experience, conversant experience will also be considered
- Proven experience in Computer Networking, VM ware and Windows server applications
- Demonstrable experience of security firewall applications and backup protocols
- Administration of ‘Air Gapped’ networks
- Security patch controls and implementation
- COTS Product Application Training will be offered as required
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Typhoon IT Development team:
You will be a member of a team responsible for the development of hardware associated with Typhoon training devices based predominantly on Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) equipment working across a range of equipment and products. Design and development of essential high-end computing platforms, domain application software, distributed networks and security protocols are key aspects of the role.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in being involved in the early stages of the engineering lifecycle, through to device delivery and product acceptance by the customer. You will be involved in training device design, integration, testing, installation of Typhoon aircrew training devices. Modification and upgrades to existing Typhoon training devices is also a responsibility of the hardware development team. These may be due to updates to the aircraft systems or obsolescence of existing equipment.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.