Senior Combat Systems Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Combat Systems Engineer
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £55,000 per annum
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and develop embodiment solutions
- Generate statements of work
- Respond to design queries
- Support installation teams from a technical viewpoint
- Liaise with customers both internally and externally
- Present design reviews
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of Design installation, maintenance or operation of Weapon, Sensor or Communication Systems
- Experience of managing subcontractors/teams
- Qualification in relevant electrical/engineering discipline or equivalent working experience
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timescales
- Good communication skills both written and verbally
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Engineering Projects Group:
You will be joining a team of 20 experienced Mechanical and Electrical Engineers developing embodiment solutions for capability improvements to Royal Navy warships. You will have the opportunity to advance within the team and wider BAE Systems business and work on a wide variety of projects and platforms.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.