Pipe Based (Mechanical) Lead
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Pipe Based (Mechanical) Lead
Salary: Up to £60,000 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing a Pipefitting team, managing the pipe work and removal and reinstallation of the pipework
- Developing and demonstrating high levels of SHE behaviours to teams through strategic SHE improvements/setting and positive promotion of safety awareness, risk management/compliance
- Accountable for maintenance services and production outputs ensuring safety, quality, work acceptance and cost performance is delivered
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring Team Leaders are delivering work in accordance with production plans, schedules and that bookings/housekeeping of Service Orders is maintained to enable project deliverables
- Managing, supporting, and enforcing the use of company processes and tools. This will include leading and monitoring the controls required for elements of overtime and pastoral care that will include attendance, performance reviews, sickness, leave and Working Time Directive (WTD)
- Will be responsible for Control Account Management (CAM) of assigned scope of work
- Maintaining the Work Breakdown Structure; scheduling and assigning work; tracking progress and actual costs; maintaining an up-to-date report on progress against the Baseline Schedule
Your skills and experiences:
- Must Have Indentured Apprenticeship (doesn’t have to be Marine based)
- HNC/HND Qualified Degree in Engineering or Management or relevant experience
- Pipefitting experience
- Management Experience with people management skills
- Understanding awareness of quality systems
- Understanding and awareness of project management skills and deliverables (i.e.: cost control, EV)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Integrated Work Team:
You will manage and mentor an Integrated Work Team to deliver all aspects of production outputs to ensure project milestones are achieved on time, safely, to the right quality and on budget. The Integrated Work Team will consist of several Team Leaders teams with maintenance operatives with a trade discipline. The role is critical to ensure Warship Support outputs are delivered to customers expectations.
Travel and time spent in Liverpool is needed for this role with all expenses paid and will all be organised through BAE.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.