Principal Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Design for Manufacture Capability Lead
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Design for Manufacture Capability Lead
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for all Manufacturing Engineering Governance within their discipline
- Ensure that all Manufacturing Engineering activities undertaken within their area of responsibility comply with the Operational Framework and that compliance with all Manufacturing Engineering policies and mandates is maintained
- Responsible for defining policies, systems, and methods of work in their area of technical expertise, and subsequently ensuring their correct deployment, implementation, and use
Your skills and experiences:
- Comprehensive understanding of several Manufacturing Engineering sub-disciplines
- Understanding of how Manufacturing Engineering sub-disciplines are organised and governed, and how they integrate with other disciplines
- Understanding of customer requirements and industry approaches and standards
- Preferably degree qualified in a relevant subject and chartership with an appropriate Institution
- Must have suitable Manufacturing Engineering experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Design for Manufacture Capability team:
As a Design for Manufacture Capability Lead, you will be responsible for supporting the teams of Manufacturing Engineers who work in the Submarine build and delivery programmes. The role of Manufacturing Engineering (ME) spans from the early stages of submarine design, where ME can play a part in influencing product design, through to the final stages of build and commissioning before the submarine goes into service.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.