Apprentice and Skills Development Coach - Pipe Fabricator
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Apprentice and Skills Development Coach - Pipe Fabricator
Salary: £39,921+ Dependant on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Embrace continuous professional development opportunities in support of delivering innovative and impactful teaching, learning and assessment.
- Assess and monitor learner progress & performance
- Coach employees and learners to reach their full potential
- Designing and deliver learning content
- Effective recording / reporting of performance data in support of delivery
- Ensure a Safety-First culture is embedded in all activities or courses delivered to employees & learners
- Embed modern learning practice such as skills competitions and problem-based learning as an integral part of the learning and assessment programme.
- Stakeholder engagement to ensure practitioner skills and programme content is current and aligned to business needs.
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience coaching and developing learners through progress reviews, welfare support and careers guidance
- Time served as a Pipe Fabricator
- Proven experience recording and reporting of performance data
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Early Careers team:
The team manage and deliver quality early careers and skills programmes for our UK businesses, including apprenticeships, graduate programmes, education partnerships and craft skills training. They are responsible for the training and welfare of around 2,500 candidates and deliver over 25,000 hours of skills training and assessments each year to ensure the businesses are skills compliant. With an Outstanding Ofsted Grade 1 in England and Skills Development Excellence in Scotland and BAE Systems investing record amounts in early careers, this is an exciting time to be joining the Early Careers team.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.