Senior Energy Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Location: Akrotiri and Dhekelia
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Energy Engineer
Location: Portsmouth - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role
Salary: Up to £48,000 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Working on research and development programmes in collaboration with industry and academic partner organisations to expand the portfolio of Energy Services products
- Taking a lead role in the technical design, development and execution into service of energy and low carbon solution products across a range of applications
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure their requirements and needs are fully considered in the development of compliant technical solutions
- Supporting design reviews and executing qualification testing to validate product maturity and quantify risk as products progress through the Engineering Lifecycle
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree level qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline and working towards IEng/CEng accreditation
- You will have previous experience of working on design and development programmes for mechanical and/or electrical systems
- Demonstrable experience of working with a high degree of technical autonomy and a commitment to professional design engineering principles and values
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Energy team:
You will be working alongside a number of Energy Engineers within this fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. You will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic team that are working on pushing the business forward within the energy sector. You will be at the forefront of the movement. This role will also allow for development opportunities.
BAE Systems: Energy & Sustainable Solutions Business
Are you passionate about climate change and enabling the transformational adoption of low-carbon technology?
Our Energy and Sustainable Solutions team is wholly focused on defending the generations of tomorrow against climate change through bringing expertise, innovation, and collaboration.We work across land, maritime and defence domains. The team is focused on developing novel sustainable products of the future alongside expanding our energy & carbon professional services capability.
Sustainable product development areas include waste heat utilisation and heat dissipation alongside future energy storage and generation technologies. We collaborate with entrepreneurs, start-ups, industrial partners, and academia to develop future energy technology and bring products to market.
We additionally provide support to external customers and internal business areas in everything from feasibility studies, bureau services, carbon accounting, and energy management systems, net zero strategy and solution implementation.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.