Head of Governance and Assurance – Project Controls
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Head of Governance and Assurance – Project Controls
Location: Warton or Samlesbury - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: From 95 k + Depending on experience and skills
What you’ll be doing:
- Undertaking senior stakeholder engagement across the Air Sector, Lines of Business and enterprise, to ensure governance is positioned appropriately
- Providing advice to industry partners, where appropriate, on project controls governance and the application of BAE core assurance processes
- Responsible for generating an integrated Audit and Assurance Plan for project controls across the Lines of Business.
- Will be acting as delegate on behalf of the Project Controls Capability Director
- Performance and delivery of Project Controls governance and assurance across the Air Sector.
- Stakeholder engagement and communications across all lines of business (including COO).
- The correct implementation of PSR application, action generation and tracking through chairing the appropriate reviews and implementing associated QIP reporting and improvements across the Lines of Business.
- The derivation, classification and leadership of Integrated Baseline Reviews, Demonstration and Surveillance Reviews across the Lines of Business.
- Ensuring that Learning from Experience (LfE) from Integrated Baseline Reviews, Demonstration and Surveillance Reviews is disseminated across all Lines of Business to ensure best practice and is utilised appropriately.
- Management of Project Categorisation on all projects across the sector, including chairing decision board with Programme Directors, Project Control Directors and Project Control Capability Director – Air.
Your skills and experiences:
- You can demonstrate first class communication and diplomacy skills and is able to persuade and influence internal and external stakeholders, at Director, Executive and Senior leadership team levels and across the sector and Lines of Business and customers.
- Experience in defining, developing and influencing governance, assurance and audit policy formation in wider area of responsibility, beyond that of direct team and function.
- You have strong influencing skills in order to achieve results through others outside of their own team, organisation and hierarchy
- Extensive knowledge of governance, audit and assurance practices.
- Comprehensive understanding of how Projects/ Programmes/ Portfolios integrate within the business.
- Good understanding of how the Project Management function supports projects and people across the business.
- Experience of working in Project Management function, project delivery organisations.
- Beneficial to have experience of quality management and systems in complex programmes
- Able to develop innovative solutions and lead teams to resolve issues in a wider Business context including CTIO, Sector and Lines of Business Level.
- Comprehensive understanding and application of Lifecycle Management (LCM) process, Business Management Systems, Operational Framework and Operational Assurance process or equivalent governance best practice from industry.
- Strategic action management and verification (Airsweb)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Air team:
As part of our Air team, you could be working at the edge of what is technologically possible, shaping the future to ensure our customers are ready to face challenges we cannot even imagine today. You could be developing and evolving the technologies that will defend the UK for generations to come and supporting our customers around the globe.
Join us and you’ll be encouraged and rewarded to excel in this important work. Apply your talent where it counts.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.